You are now an official WHPS Google Apps for Education user…..
As of June 30th, West Hartford Public Schools will be saying “good-bye” to Lotus Notes! Your Lotus Notes inbox, including folders, subfolders and attachments will be migrated into Google Mail. Your Lotus Notes calendars (if utilized) will also be moved into Google Calendar. During the next few weeks we will be setting up your Google Apps access. Your Lotus Notes mail inbox and calendar will not be brought over until AFTER July 1. You can login and access your Google Apps account now however so feel free to look around. Note that your email address will be the same as before (Firstname_Lastname@WHPS.org). Because of this you will not be able to receive mail into your Google Mail account until after July 1. Any mail sent to you will be seen in your Lotus Notes account until then.
Follow these links to get started:
- Quick Start Guide (an almost one-pager to get you going!)
- WHPS Google Apps Mail and Calendar Getting Started Guide (a 20 page manual of detailed Google Mail and Calendar information)
- Calendar Delegation procedures – give someone else access to your calendar
- Exporting your Lotus Notes addressbook – bring your personal addressbook with you.
- Gmail Welcome – Life after Lotus Notes – a great reference tool.
- Change your Google Apps password – do this often!
- Cleaning up your “oh so bloated” Gmail inbox - read and exhale~
These eLearning courses let you learn about Google Mail and Calendar at your own pace.
- Google Apps Basics: Mail and Calendar
Watch this video first to learn about working with your new Google Apps account.
- Managing Your Inbox: Tips and Tricks for Gmail
Get the most out of Google Mail by using labels, search, keyboard shortcuts, and more.
- Gmail Basic Course
Watch this series of step-by-step video instructions on working with Google Mail.
These videos show you quick demos of common tasks.
- Mail: Archiving Messages
- Mail: Threaded Conversations
- Calendar: Scheduling Meetings
- Calendar: Sharing Calendars